VISA Information and Application Process
The Cyprus High Commission has outsourced the collection of visa applications from third country nationals. All applicants must submit their visa applications to the designated offices of VFS Global across the UK.
We are not accepting on site applications. All applicants will be referred to VFS Global for submitting their documents.
For booking an appointment as well as for further information please click here.
- VFS contact line: 02037938634
- VFS email: email@example.com
VFS Global provides a Consular Assistance Line open to the public between 09.00- 17.00 daily.
Holders of the following documents do not need a visa, as of 17 June 2014, to travel to Cyprus:
1. Schengen Visa rated for two or multiple entries.
2. Schengen Long Stay Visa.
3. Residence permit issued by a Schengen Country.
4. Romanian, Croatian and Bulgarian Visa, Valid for two or multiple entries.
5. Residence permit issued by Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia.
Please note that the aforesaid Decision does not apply to holders of Turkish and Azeri passports, who need a visa to enter Cyprus.
The maximum period of stay is 90 days per six months.
Holders of Serbia, Montenegro, Ukraine, Georgia, FYROM and Moldova biometric passports do not need a visa to enter Cyprus for a period of up to three months (90 days per six months). It is noted that holders of the old (non biometric) passports for the above mentioned countries will still need to obtain a visa in order to enter Cyprus. It is further noted that holders of Serbian passports that are issued by the “Coordination Directorate” in English or “Koordinaciona Uprava” in Serbian will also still have to obtain a visa in order to enter Cyprus.
1. List of Countries whose citizens require a visa to travel to Cyprus
Please follow link by clicking here
2. Visa Requirements
- A passport or travel document (please refer to section A) of your country that is recognised by the Republic of Cyprus.
- The valid travel document must have been issued within the previous 10 years from the date of entry to the Republic of Cyprus.
- All passports should be valid for at least three months after departure from the territory of the Republic of Cyprus and contain a blank visa-page.
- A valid United Kingdom residence permit (or relevant visa).
- One fully completed and signed application form and one recent photograph per person endorsed on passport. For minors (aged under eighteen years), a certified written consent from both parents and/or legal guardians is required (in person or in a Cyprus Consulate if abroad), along with a copy of each parent’s/guardian’s passport and the child’s original birth certificate which must include the parents details or the necessary court documentation. If the parents reside in the UK they should be present during the application.
- Medical travel insurance in the minimum amount of 30,000 euros, valid for the duration of the applicant’s stay in Cyprus.
- Evidence that the applicant has sufficient funds to cover the cost of the intended stay, in the form of a full bank statement to include the applicants address.
- A recent and original letter from your employer, stating commencement date, with last payslip. If you are self-employed a letter is required from your solicitor, accountant or bank manager. If you are a student, please submit a recent and original letter from school, college or university confirming attendance. If you are unemployed, please bring your social benefit booklet. If you are retired please bring your pension book.
- Travel Itinerary.
- Confirmed booking for accommodation in the Republic of Cyprus. A proof of ownership if owning a property in the Republic of Cyprus.
- If staying with friend or relative, the applicant must submit a completed Assumption of Responsibility form. It must be completed by the Cypriot national or resident of Cyprus hosting the applicant, signed before a Certifying Officer of the Republic of Cyprus, and certified accordingly. The Cyprus Consulate reserves the right to request further documentation in support of the Assumption of Responsibility.
- Please be informed that, as of 01/12/2022, the fee for a visa is the equivalent of €80 in British pounds. This applies to single entry, double, and multiple visas. Please be informed that visa handling fees will be charged on all applications handed in the Consulate General, irrespective of outcome. Visas can be issued free of charge to the spouse and children (-18) of a European Union national.
Proof of the relationship must be submitted with each application:
a. the original marriage or original full birth certificate mentioning the name of the parents, with certified translation in English;
b. and spouse’s/parent’s original passport.
3. Passport Validity for Visitors
- European Union passport holders – no specific validity period required; passport must simply be valid on the date of return.
- Non EU passport holders who do not need a visa– require three months validity on the date of return.
- Non EU passport holders who require a visa– require three months validity on the date of return.
- Please note that children registered on their parents’ passport may continue to travel to the Republic of Cyprus until they reach the age of sixteen (16).
4. Useful Information
The Consulate General has outsourced the collection of visa applications to VFS Global. For further information please visit the following link: http://www.vfsglobal.com/Cyprus/UK/news.html (Tel: 02037938634, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applications should be submitted at least twelve (12) working days before the date of intended travel.
- There is no legal right to a visa. The fact that a visa has been granted does not automatically entitle the holder to enter Cyprus, as the prerequisites for entry will be checked again on entry into the territory of the Republic of Cyprus.
- All documents must be in English, Greek or Turkish. Documents in other languages must be officially translated and certified by the relevant Embassy or if applicable Apostille.
- Should you wish to keep your original documents please submit a photocopy of each document along with the original.
- Please note that additional documents may be requested when submitting your application.
- The Honorary Consulates have an appointment system in place and must be contacted directly.
5. Travel Information
A passport is required, except for holders of:
- Laissez-Passer issued by the United Nations.
- Travel Document issued to stateless persons and recognised refugees in accordance with the Geneva Convention of 1951.
- Citizens of the European Union countries, as well as of Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway may enter Cyprus with their national identity card provided it contains a photograph.
Download the NEW VISA APPLICATION FORM