RESUMPTION OF THE ONLINE CONSULAR APPOINTMENT SYSTEM FOR CONSULAR SERVICES
Please be advised that our online appointment system for Consular Services is now again operational. Due to the COVID19 pandemic, compliance with all relevant medical protocols is mandatory for ensuring public health safety. There is also a controlled operation at the Consulate General and as a result, there is limited appointment availability at the present stage. This will be reviewed regularly.
We accept bookings for the following services:
(a) Application for the acquisition of Cypriot citizenship (by British and other third country nationals),
(b) First Issue of Identity Card AND Passport (for both documents following the acquisition of Cypriot citizenship)*,
(c) Renewal of ID Card OR Passport OR Issuance of Emergency Travel Document (for Cypriot nationals only and for one of these documents only)*,
(d) Legalization of Signature / Power of Attorney.
* Note that for those who want to renew BOTH their existing ID and Passport, they should book an appointment under Category B΄.
* Note that for renewing your ID and/or Passport you must have with you your expired ID card or to know its number or your Certificate of Registration of Cypriot citizenship.
For appointments please use the tab “Consular Appointments” at www.cyprusinuk.com. or directly at https://bit.ly/2F0VCQ4. Please note that without an appointment you will not be able to process your case. For VISAS please book an appointment with VFS at https://www.vfsglobal.com/Cyprus/UK/.
For urgent cases of issuing an Emergency Travel Document (laissez-passer) you can inform us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the urgency and we will contact you back.
Applications for the issuance of a Permanent Residency Letter for military purposes, will now be submitted electronically, with all relevant documentation sent to email@example.com. For more information, please refer to our website at https://cyprusinuk.com/military-service-information/.
Regarding applications for the acquisition of Cypriot citizenship by descent, please check our website at https://cyprusinuk.com/citizenship/ for eligibility and the necessary documentation according to the category for your case before you book your appointment.
When you visit us for your appointment please note that the health and safety protocol regarding visits is as follows:
- Only persons who have a confirmed appointment through our online system will be admitted. You are kindly requested to be punctual in order to avoid cancelation of your appointment.
- The Consulate’s reception room can accept only a limited number of people at any given time. Please follow the posted signs and the advice of the Consular Staff.
- Please take a seat only at the designated seats available.
- Entry to our premises will only be allowed to members of the public who have pre-booked an appointment and have to be present for the relevant procedure. Any other persons, friends or family will need to remain outside the premises of the High Commission. Only underage children or persons with serious medical conditions will be exempted.
For the health and safety of all persons and staff, individuals entering the premises of the High Commission must comply with the following precautionary measures:
- Wearing a face covering,
- Following social distancing rules,
- Using the available hand sanitizer dispensers.
We would like to thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
HIGH COMMISSION OF THE REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS
The Consulate General working hours for the public are:
Monday-Friday, 09:30΄-15:30΄ (last appointment at 15:00΄ / last entry for drop-by emergency services at 15:30΄).
High Commission of the Republic of Cyprus
Consulate General in London
13 St. James’s Square
Public Holidays for 2021 during which the High Commission will be closed:
1 January 2021, Friday – New Year’s Day
15 March 2021, Monday – Green Monday
25 March 2021, Thursday – National Holiday
1 April 2021, Thursday – National Holiday
2 April 2021, Friday – Good Friday (UK)
5 April 2021, Monday – Easter Monday (UK)
30 April 2021, Friday – Good Friday (CY)
3 May 2021, Monday – Easter Monday (CY)
31 May 2021, Monday – Spring Bank Holiday
21 June 2021, Monday – Pentecost
30 August 2021, Monday – Bank Holiday
1 October 2021, Friday – Cyprus’ Independence Day
24 December 2021, Friday – Christmas Eve
27 December 2021, Monday – Boxing Day replacement