The High Commission of the Republic of Cyprus in London, is currently accepting applications for the position of (1) Driver/ Messenger for full time employment as a member of its local staff. The gross monthly salary is GBP £1909.00 (Grade 1, Step1)
The responsibilities of the position include, amongst other things, transporting the Head of Mission and Diplomatic staff to their meetings, receptions, and any official duties, messenger duties inside as well as outside of the Mission, reception and telephonist duties, preparing the itinerary and road map for daily journeys, flexible hours including overtime and weekends (a special additional overtime subsidy is available), as well as anything else you may be assigned by the Head of Mission.
- Senior School or Secondary School Graduate
- Excellent knowledge of English Language, knowledge of the Greek language will be considered an additional qualification
- Driving Licence of at least 5 years (clear of any penalty points)
- Age of 25 years and over
- Excellent knowledge of London and surrounding areas
- UK Non-Criminal Certificate
- Previous experience in a similar position will be considered as an additional qualification
Applications must be accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter (the Cover Letter must include the position title), all required qualifications listed above as well two letters of recommendation/ reference and should be delivered by post for the attention of:
High Commission for the Republic of Cyprus
13, St James’s Square, London SW1Y 4LB
The last day for the submission of application is the 29/07/2022. Late applications shall not be accepted.