What you must do if you have been in an amber country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England.
You should not travel to amber list countries or territories for leisure purposes.
Before travel to England
Before you travel to England you must:
- complete a passenger locator form
- take a COVID-19 test in the three days before your departure
- book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 travel tests – to be taken after arrival in England
On arrival in England
On arrival in England you must:
- quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days
- take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8
You may be able to end quarantine early if you pay for a private COVID-19 test through the ‘Test to Release’ scheme.
Travel within the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
You do not need to take a COVID-19 test or quarantine on arrival in England if you are travelling within the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, (the Common Travel Area), and you have not been outside of the Common Travel Area in the previous 10 days.
If you have been in a country or territory on the red list
If you have also been in or through a country or territory on the red list in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must follow the red list rules.