In this section you may find information about our consular services for Cypriots in the UK and Third Country Nationals wishing to travel to Cyprus
How to Get in Touch with us for Consular Issues:
Please note that the easiest and most direct and effective way to get in touch with us for consular issues is via sending an email with your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As our telephone lines are extremely busy on a daily basis we strongly encourage you to get in touch with us via email at email@example.com or through direct/personal messages via our social media accounts on Facebook (@CyprusinUK and Twitter (@CyprusinUK).
- Please note that Fees for ALL our Consular Services are payable in £/GBP not in EURO (monthly rate applies). We only accept debit/credit card payments. For the full list of all our Consular Services fees please click here.
1. Consular Information for Cypriots in the UK
For the following consular services we have introduced a mandatory appointment system:
(a) Application for the acquisition of Cypriot citizenship (by British and other third country nationals),
(b) First Issue of Identity Card AND Passport (for both documents following the acquisition of Cypriot citizenship)*,
(c) Renewal of ID Card OR Passport OR Issuance of Emergency Travel Document (for Cypriot nationals only and for one of these documents only)*,
(d) Legalization of Signature / Power of Attorney.
* Note that for those who want to renew BOTH their existing ID and Passport, they should book an appointment under Category B΄.
* Note that for renewing your ID and/or Passport you must have with you your expired ID card or to know its number or your Certificate of Registration of Cypriot citizenship.
To book an appointment, please click here or visit the Consular Appointments tab at our home page.
We have a zero tolerance policy for any form of abusive behaviour towards our Consular Officers. Applicants and visitors at the Consulate General may not be served in case they show any sign of abusive or aggressive language/behaviour towards our staff.
Is your issue urgent?
Some urgent issues do not require an appointment and can be addressed by our Consular Officers on a drop-by basis daily, from 09:30′-15:30′, such as:
- Issuance of Emergency Travel Document (only if you are traveling back to Cyprus or the country of your Permanent Residence in the next 72 hours).
In case of an emergency outside working hours, do not hesitate to contact the Duty Officer of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at: +357 99 660129.
2. Consular Information for Third Country Nationals
The Consulate General in London has outsourced the collection of visa applications from third country nationals. All applicants must submit their visa applications to the designated offices of VFS Global across the UK and not at our premises. Please submit your application and documents at least 15-20 days before your intended day of travel. We do not accept on-site applications. All applicants will be referred to VFS Global for submitting their documents as well as for first instance questions and queries.
For booking an appointment to submit your VISA application as well as for any further information, please click here.
Important Notice: Family members of EU citizens are no longer able to apply directly to the Consulate General. All applications must be registered through VFS Global.
VFS Global provides a Consular Assistance Line open to the public daily between 09.00΄-17.00΄, Tel.: 02037938637.
How to find us:
The Consulate General is located at the High Commission of the Republic of Cyprus, 13 St. James’s Square, SW1Y 4LB.
How to get here:
The closest tube station is Piccadilly Circus (Piccadilly and Bakerloo Line). Alternative nearby tube station is Green Park (Jubilee, Victoria and Piccadilly Line)
The closest bus stops are:
- Picadilly Circus
- Pall Mall/St James’s Palace
You can also check TfL (Transport for London) for regular travel updates.