Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, compliance with all relevant medical protocols is mandatory for ensuring public health safety. There is a controlled operation at the Consulate General and as a result, there is limited appointment availability at the present stage. We are reviewing the situation as it evolves. Please follow our social media accounts for further real-time information (Twitter and Facebook @CyprusInUK). For your enquiries, please email email@example.com. For further information on our response to the pandemic please check www.covid19.cy or www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/en. If you plan to travel to Cyprus please check also www.cyprusflightpass.gov.cy and our website www.cyprusinuk.com.
For the following consular services, we have introduced a mandatory appointment system in cooperation with VFS Global:
(a) Application for the acquisition of Cypriot citizenship (by British and other third country nationals),
(b) First Issue of Identity Card AND Passport (for both documents following the acquisition of Cypriot citizenship)*,
(c) Renewal of ID Card OR Passport OR Issuance of Emergency Travel Document (for Cypriot nationals only and for one of these documents only)*,
(d) Legalization of Signature / Power of Attorney.
* Note that for those who want to renew BOTH their existing ID and Passport, they should book an appointment under Category B΄.
* Note that for renewing your ID and/or Passport you must have with you your expired ID card or to know its number or your Certificate of Registration of Cypriot citizenship.
For appointments please use the tab “Consular Appointments” at www.cyprusinuk.com. or directly at https://bit.ly/2F0VCQ4. Please note that without an appointment you will not be able to process your case.
DROP-BY SERVICES (only for urgent issues, MON-FRI, 09:30΄-15.30΄)
We still offer drop-by services only for urgent issues such as issuance of an Emergency Travel Document and only if you are traveling back to Cyprus (or to your country of permanent residence) within the next 72 hours. You can inform us either by dropping by during working hours or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For non-urgent enquiries you can only reach us via email.
For all consular services you can find the relevant information online at www.cyprusinuk.com/consular.
Please prefer written communication instead of trying to reach us by phone, or use the direct messaging option at our social media accounts. Alternatively, VFS Global provides a Consular Assistance Line open to the public between 09.00΄-17.00΄ daily. (Tel.: 020-37884670).
In case of an emergency outside working hours, do not hesitate to contact the Duty Officer of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at: +357 99 660129.
- Certificate of Permanent Residence (for Military Service Exemption)
Please note that for issuing a Certificate of Permanent Residence for Military Service Exemption purposes you must send all relevant documentation by email at email@example.com.
For more information check https://cyprusinuk.com/military-service-information/
The fee for this service is £/UKP 8 (for the moment payable in cash upon collection of the certificate). If you want to receive the certificate by post, you must provide us with a postal order of £/UKP 8 and a signed for/pre-paid envelope.
All applications, including those for family members of EU citizens, must be registered through VFS Global. Applicants must submit their visa applications to the designated offices of VFS Global across the UK (London, Manchester, Glasgow, Cardiff). For further information please visit the following links: www.cyprusinuk.com/visa-information and https://www.vfsglobal.com/Cyprus/UK/ (Tel: 02037938634, email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Consulate General’s working hours are:
Monday-Friday, 09:30΄-15:30΄ (last appointment at 15:00΄ / last entry for drop-by emergency services at 15:30΄).
High Commission of the Republic of Cyprus
Consulate General in London
13 St. James’s Square
The closest tube station is Piccadilly Circus (Piccadilly and Bakerloo lines).
When you visit us for your appointment please note that the health and safety protocol regarding visits is as follows:
- Only persons who have a confirmed appointment through our online system will be admitted. You are kindly requested to be punctual in order to avoid cancelation of your appointment.
- The Consulate’s reception room can accept only a limited number of people at any given time. Please follow the posted signs and the advice of the Consular Staff.
- Please take a seat only at the designated seats available.
- Entry to our premises will only be allowed to members of the public who have pre-booked an appointment and have to be present for the relevant procedure. Any other persons, friends or family will need to remain outside the premises of the High Commission. Only underage children or persons with serious medical conditions will be exempted.
For the health and safety of all persons and staff, individuals entering the premises of the High Commission must comply with the following precautionary measures:
- Wearing a face covering,
- Following social distancing rules,
- Using the available hand sanitizer dispensers.
We would like to thank you for your cooperation and understanding.